Provision of Personal InformationNotes about the Provision of Personal Information Pertaining
to the AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING EXPOSITION 2021
Pre-registered personal information pertaining to the AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING EXPOSITION 2021 NAGOYA, and AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING EXPOSITION 2021 ONLINE will be handled as follows.
- １） An entry ID for the expositions, presentations, workshops, and other events will be issued that contains identifying information in the form of a barcode, QR code, or the like. The barcode, QR code, or the like provided on the entry ID that is carried by the exposition participants will be checked and read during the duration of the expositions at entrances and reception areas to the exposition hall, within the exposition booths, at presentation venues, and so on. When the entry ID is read in these cases, the pre-registered personal information will be provided to people involved in the relevant events, such as exhibiting companies (exhibitors), lecture presenters, and so on as information about the event participants. This personal information may be used by exhibitors, lecture presenters (or people involved with the presenting company) or the like to contact the participants with various types of information via emails, regular mail, or the like.
- ２）In addition, participant information registered for the purpose of viewing online sites (including the online exposition, online presentations, online workshops, and so on) will be provided to the exhibitors, lecture presenters, workshop presenters (or people involved with the presenting company), and the like within those sites. Similarly, this personal information may be used by exhibitors, lecture presenters, workshop presenters (or people involved with the presenting company), or the like to contact the participants with various types of information via emails, regular mail, or the like.
Personal information obtained while viewing these online sites may be provided to third parties when the corresponding exhibitor pages or presentation viewing pages are accessed.
- ３） If personal information is provided to a third party, the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Inc. requires this personal information to be managed appropriately in the same way as it manages personal information.
- ４）To request deletion of information provided to a third party, please contact the party to whom the information was provided.
- Members, activity participants, employees, and people equivalent to employees of the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan (JSAE) shall recognize the importance of personal information, observe all laws and regulations (including the regulations of the JSAE) concerning the protection of personal information, and make their best effort to acquire, use, manage personal information properly in accordance with the provisions shown below.
- Acquisition of Personal Information
- The JSAE shall acquire information that can identify a specific person within the scope necessary for providing services that suit the business purposes of the JSAE. When the JSAE acquires such personal information, it shall clearly indicate the purpose of acquisition, and acquire the information through the intentional provision (registration) of that information from the person holding that personal information (hereinafter referred to as the “Person”) in principle.
- Use of Personal Information
- The JSAE shall use acquired personal information within the scope necessary for achieving the
purpose of acquisition.
However, the JSAE may use or provide the personal information for a purpose other than the purpose of acquisition in any of the following cases
1. When the purpose is based on the provisions in laws and regulations
2. When consent of the Person is obtained
3. When the JSAE outsources all or part of personal data handling within the scope necessary for achieving the business purposes (e.g. outsourcing of delivery services and member data analysis)
4. When there are justifiable grounds for achieving the business plan approved by a decision-making body of the JSAE (i.e., general meetings and the board of directors) or a decision-making body of each meeting organization
- Personal Information Management
- The JSAE shall make its best efforts to conduct the necessary and proper management of acquired personal information to prevent leakage, loss, destruction, and manipulation. However, personal information disclosed by the Person and personal information that is already open to the public shall not be subject to management by the JSAE.
- Disclosure and Correction, etc., of Personal Information
- The JSAE shall disclose personal information without delay when a Person requests disclosure of personal information related to that Person. Further, when a Person requests correction, etc.
- of personal information, the JSAE shall make corrections, etc., of the personal information without delay and maintain up-to-date information.
- Handling on Website
- Users shall assume responsibility when using a website run by the JSAE. The JSAE shall assume no responsibility whatsoever for any damages caused by using various types of information acquired from the website of the JSAE or other websites linked from the JSAE website.
- Security of Registered Information
- This website uses encryption communication technology called SSL as necessary upon registration of personal information by a user. Further, the registered personal information is managed by a dedicated server protected with a security system firewall to prevent external unauthorized access and leakage of information.
- Outsourcing of Information Processing of Personal Information Possessed by JSAE
- When the JSAE outsources processing of the personal information possessed by the JSAE, the JSAE shall conclude the necessary agreements and conduct proper management and supervising of the outsourcee.
- Supplemental Provision
- This policy shall be effective as of July 15, 2005 (approved by the board of directors on July 15, 2005).